1) How long has this school been in operation?
ITQAN Integrated School and ITQAN Montessori Preschool has been in operation since 2007.
2) Is it different from other religious schools?
The school not only provides religious classes such as Quranic Studies and
Islamic Studies. It is a complete educational facility that teaches all forms of knowledge as we believe that all knowledge comes from Allah s.w.t.
The difference is that we integrate Islamic content into all subjects and create a faith-based understanding of the subjects based on the Quran and Sunnah, inshaAllah.
3) What curriculum do you use?
Preschool: Islamic Montessori curriculum
Primary: KSSR/Cambridge Primary
Secondary: KSSM/Cambridge IGCSE
4) What examinations will my children sit for?
Cambridge Checkpoint Examination (Grade 6)
Cambridge Checkpoint Examination (Grade 9)
Cambridge IGCSE O’Levels (Grade 11)
5) What medium of instruction do you use?
The school uses English as its main medium of instruction. Arabic and Bahasa Malaysia are also emphasized and practiced regularly.
6) How many semesters/terms do you have?
We have 3 semesters in a year.
7) What school holidays does the school follow?
The school follows the international school calendar where there is a 3-week break at the end of Semester 1 (mid to end December), a 1-week break at the end of Semester 2 (end of March), and a 2-month break at the end of the school academic year (July and August).
8) Does the school have excursions?
Yes, excursions and field trips are part of our learning program. A minimum of 2 excursions are conducted in a year, insha’Allah.
9) Does the school conduct extra activities?
Yes. Among the extra activities that may be offered are school holiday programs, ibadah camps, speech & drama, cooking classes, and art & craft programs